California’s Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is currently searching for a permanent Executive Director before the start of the 2019-20 winter.
About the Position
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy’s Executive Director (ED) will be the unifying leader of the organization, reporting to the Board of Trustees. The ED is responsible for leading both the Academy and the Ski Team in pursuing its mission and realizing its vision by developing and executing an operational plan that achieves SBSTA’s strategic goals. In addition, the ED will be responsible for setting the cultural tone of the organization and building relationships with its many constituents. Charged with strengthening SBSTA’s financial sustainability, the ED will manage the finances and lead the fundraising efforts. For more information about SBSTA and this position, please visit https://sbacademy.org/executive-director-search.
Qualities & Experience
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experiences:
- High emotional intelligence (e.g., self-awareness, humility, empathy, interpersonal skills, authenticity)
- Transparent, inclusive, relational, and collaborative leadership style
- Thought leader/visionary/innovator/strategic thinker
- Passionate, energetic, inspiring
- Willingness to jump in wherever needed
- Personal and/or professional experience balancing academics with high-level athletics
- Proven leadership within a complex organization
- Financial management acumen (e.g., P&L, budgets, compensation)
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and inspire a wide spectrum of stakeholders