Ski Racing Media is seeking a writer to cover domestic alpine racing for the 2019-2020 season. The beat includes the NorAm, NCAA (East and West), and regional junior racing circuits. The position is considered part-time, seasonal, and will begin immediately and end April 15, 2020.
Coverage of domestic racing is an important focus for Ski Racing Media. We have learned that our audience highly values coverage of these circuits as they truly reflect the fabric of the ski racing community here in the United States. Coverage would include race reports from all races and series (calendar to be provided) with interesting angles as well as some feature stories as discussed with the Editor-in-Chief.
The domestic writer will report directly to and work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and would be required to attend all weekly team conference calls. The position requires a go-getter who can work on deadline, knows ski racing and is a strong writer.
- Ability to contribute several articles per week during the competition season
- Strong interviewing and writing skills
- Fundamental understanding of alpine ski racing from junior through NCAA/NorAm levels
- Potential travel to domestic events may be required
- Past experience in or solid understanding of alpine ski racing
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, photo editing software)
- Experience with or capable of learning WordPress
- Experience with or capable of learning how to operate a DSLR camera
This opportunity is considered remote and you must be a team player. We may not share the same office space, but we share the same goals and values in working, communicating, and constantly assisting each other. You must be able to meet tight deadlines, be reliable, and be a self-starter.
If you are interested in the position, please send a resume and cover letter as well as writing samples to Editor-in-Chief Marina Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.