After the successful premiere in 2015, the athletes of the German Skiing Federation (DSV) chose this year’s DSV Ski Athlete of the Year for the fourth time across disciplines. DSV athletes of all disciplines, teams, and training groups were eligible to vote. The DSV selected the outstanding achievers for the Golden Ski for the past season. The honor of DSV athlete of the year went to alpine speed skier Thomas Dressen from SC Mittenwald.
Skier of the year 2018: Thomas Dressen (SC Mittenwald)
Achievements in the 2017/18 season
– 2 World Cup victories: Kitzbuehel downhill, Kvitfjell downhill
– Third place in the World Cup downhill standings
– Olympic Games in Pyeongchang: fifth downhill, ninth Super Combination, 12th Super G
– Four other World Cup podium finishes
– Eighth place in the overall World Cup ranking
– Eighth in the World Cup alpine combined standings
Release courtesy of DSV.