For the first time in her career, Austria’s Stephanie Venier wins the downhill in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, 0.25 seconds ahead of the returning Italian, Sofia Goggia.
Kira Weidle of Germany rounds out the podium in third, finally returning to the top three for the first time since her third-place finish in the Lake Louise downhill early on in the season.
Four other Austrians found their way into the top ten alongside Venier, as well as American Alice Merryweather. Merryweather’s eighth-place finish is a career-best for the 22-year-old. Not only does her Garmisch finish mark her first top 15, but it also marks her first ever top ten.
Stay tuned for further race coverage.
- Stephanie Venier (AUT): 1:37.46
- Sofia Goggia (ITA): +0.25
- Kira Weidel (GER): +0.54
- Corine Suter (SUI): +0.81
- Ilka Stuhec (SLO): +0.85
- Nadia Fanchini (ITA): + 0.99
- Nicole Schmidhofer (AUT): +1.03
- Alice Merryweather (USA): +1.19
- Ricarda Haaser (AUT): +1.31
- Ramona Siebenhofer (AUT): +1.37
For full FIS results, please click here.