For the first time this season, Slovakian Petra Vlhova successfully bested Mikaela Shiffrin in Tuesday’s Flachau night slalom. Vlhova has finished in second behind Shiffrin in all five slalom events since Levi 2018.
Vlhova and Shiffrin were in a league of their own. Austria’s Katharina Liensberger, who finished third, was 1.17 seconds off Vlhova’s winning time. Vlhova’s flawless second run asked for the best from Shiffrin, but a few tiny mistakes cost her just enough time to step down off the top of the podium for the first time this season.
American Paula Moltzan finished 12th, her career best on the World Cup circuit.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
**A previous version of this article stated that Anna Swenn Larsson was the third-place finisher. Since it’s publication, Larsson has been disqualified due to a straddle in the second run. Katharina Liensberger will take third and stand on the podium for the first time in her career.
1. Petra Vlhova (SVK): 1:52.85
2. Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): +0.15
3. Katharina Liensberger (AUT): +1.17
4. Wendy Holdener (SUI): +1.65
5. Frida Hansdotter (SWE): +1.91
6. Christina Geiger (GER): +2.68
7. Michelle Gisin (SUI): +2.77
8. Katharina Truppe (AUT): +3.83
9. Nastasia Noens (FRA): +3.96
10. Aline Danioth (SUI): +4.17
For full FIS results, click here.