Austrian Nicole Schmidhofer continues onward in the best season of her career, adding another win to her repertoire in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen super-G. She finished 0.23 seconds ahead of Sofia Goggia in the Italian’s maiden race of the 2018/19 season.
Goggia had been sidelined for the first half of the tour due to an ankle injury obtained just before Solden. It has been 10 months since Goggia has competed in a World Cup race, and Saturday’s performance is a deciding factor as to whether or not the reigning overall downhill champion can compete in the World Championships in Are.
Lara Gut-Behrami rounded out the podium in her second top-three finish of the season. Gut-Behrami finished second in the St.Moritz super-G in December.
The United State’s Laurenne Ross finished 14th overall, and Alice Merryweather finished 29th. Lindsey Vonn opted to not compete in Garmisch, as she attempts to recover from a knee injury that was aggravated during her time on course in Cortina.
- Nicole Schmidhofer (AUT): 1:19:98
- Sofi Goggia (ITA): +0.23
- Lara Gut-Behrami (SUI): +0.45
- Federica Brignone (ITA): +0.55
- Romane Miradoli (FRA): +0.75
- Corine Suter (SUI): +0.86
- Ragnhild Mowinckel (NOR): +0.89
- Tina Weirather (LIE): +1.09
- Marta Bassino (ITA): +1.20
- Francesca Marsaglia (ITA): +1.21
For full FIS results, please click here.