Austria’s Mirjam Puchner in bib 18 squeaked in front of Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg by three-hundredths of a second to earn her first podium of the 2018/19 season and her first downhill win since 2016 in the women’s final in Soldeu. Corinne Suter closely trailed her by eight hundredths, finishing in third.
Although she finished just outside of the top ten in 11th, Nicole Schmidhofer held onto her position as the downhill points leader and claimed the crystal globe, leading the charge of an Austrian overall standings sweep. Stephanie Venier’s eighth-place finish was enough to push her past teammate Ramona Siebenhofer by 18 points in the standings to claim second overall. Siebenhofer finished third.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Mirjam Puchner (AUT): 1:32.91
- Viktoria Rebensburg (GER): +0.03
- Corinne Suter (SUI): +0.08
- Nadia Fanchini (ITA): +0.22
- Tamara Tippler (AUT): +0.24
- Sofia Goggia (ITA): +0.35
- Nicol Delago (ITA): +0.38
- Stephanie Venier (AUT): +0.56
- Kira Weidle (GER): +0.74
- Tina Weirather (LIE): +0.90
For full FIS results, please click here.