American Mikaela Shiffrin won the women’s World Cup super-G in Cortina, Italy, on Sunday for her 54th career World Cup victory. Shiffrin has now won three World Cup super-Gs this season, including wins in Lake Louise, Canada, and St. Moritz, Switzerland, from December 2018.
Shiffrin came down with bib 17 and unseated two-time super-G crystal globe winner, Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein, who finished in second place, 0.16 seconds back. Austria’s Tamara Tippler rounded out the podium in third, 0.18 seconds off the pace.
American Laurenne Ross also finished in 23rd place. Lindsey Vonn and Alice Merryweather did not finish.
Stay tuned for complete coverage.
1. Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): 1:22.48
2. Tina Weirather (LIE): +0.16
3. Tamara Tippler (AUT): +0.18
4. Valerie Grenier (CAN): +0.48
5. Jasmine Flury (SUI): +0.61
6. Wendy Holdener (SUI): +0.67
7. Kajsa Vickhoff Lie (NOR): +0.72
7. Ragnhild Mowinckel (NOR): +0.72
9. Stephanie Venier (AUT): +0.74
9. Viktoria Rebensburg (GER): +0.74