In front of the masses at the Killington World Cup, Italy’s Marta Bassino put two, clean, fast runs together to win the first World Cup race of her career. The 23-year-old has been on the podium in the World Cup five times prior to Saturday’s giant slalom.
Bassino led after the first run and bested her Italian teammate and last season’s Killington GS winner, Federica Brignone, by 0.26 seconds. Home-crowd favorite Mikaela Shiffrin landed in third place, 0.29 seconds off of Bassino’s winning pace.
Following Shiffrin for the Americans, Nina O’Brien finished in 28th place for her second scoring result in GS on the World Cup in a row.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Marta Bassino (ITA): 1:38.19
- Federica Brignone (ITA): +0.26
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): +0.29
- Michelle Gisin (SUI): +0.31
- Tessa Worley (FRA): +0.50
- Petra Vlhova (SVK): +0.65
- Viktoria Rebensburg (GER): +0.98
- Wendy Holdener (SUI): +1.12
- Mina Fuerst Holtmann (NOR): +1.29
- Meta Hrovat (SLO): +1.34