Austria’s Marcel Hirscher picked up where he left off last year, taking another slalom win to open the 2018-19 men’s World Cup season. Hirscher also became the first man to win three times in Levi, adding to his wins in 2013 and 2016.
Norway’s Henrik Kristofferson claimed second place, a slim 0.09 seconds shy of taking the win home for himself and setting the stage for yet another titanic battle for the World Cup slalom globe. Sweden’s PyeongChang 2018 slalom gold medalist, Andre Myhrer, rounded out the podium in third, 1.41 seconds back.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Marcel Hirscher (AUT): 1:51.04
- Henrik Kristoffersen (NOR): +0.09
- Andre Myhrer (SWE): +1.41
- Ramon Zenhaeusern (SUI): +1.45
- Jean-Baptiste Grange (FRA): +1.56
- Daniel Yule (SUI): +1.57
- Michael Matt (AUT): +1.58
- Christian Hirschbuehl (AUT): +1.66
- Manuel Feller (AUT): +1.70
- Marco Schwarz (AUT): +1.73