Dominik Paris fought hard for the win and the potential to claim the downhill crystal globe in his final downhill of the 2018/19 season in Soldeu, Andorra. Although the Italian claimed the win in the final races, he finished second in the overall downhill standings. Norway’s Kjetil Jansrud and Austria’s Otmar Striedinger claimed second and third in Wednesday’s race.
Beat Feuz finished sixth, a strong enough run to keep a 20 point lead over Paris, and claim the crystal globe for the men’s downhill. Vincent Kriechmayr’s fifth-place finish allowed him to slide onto the overall podium in third.
Travis Ganong led the Americans in tenth. His teammates, Steven Nyman and Bryce Bennett, finished 16th and 21st overall.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Dominik Paris (ITA): 1:26.80
- Kjetil Jansrud (NOR): +0.34
- Otmar Striedinder (AUT): +0.41
- Mauro Caviezel (SUI): +0.47
- Vincent Kriechmayr (AUT): +0.48
- Beat Feuz (SUI): +0.64
- Josef Ferstl (GER): +0.69
- Aleksander Aamodt (NOR): +0.71
- Carlo Janka (SUI): +0.75
- Travis Ganong (USA): +0.77
For full race results, please click here.