23-year-old Marco Schwarz has won his first Alpine Combined in Wengen, Switzerland. The Austrian came in fourth in the event the Olympics last winter but has had no other notable performances in the event at the World Cup level. He also has yet to compete in a World Cup downhill event.
France’s Victor Muffat-Jeandet and Alexis Pinturault finished second and third. Pinturault has consistently done well in the alpine combined and adds another podium in the event the to his repertoire. This is Muffat-Jeandet’s fourth podium in the Alpine Combined.
Americans Ted Ligety and Bryce Bennett went 14, 15, and Jared Goldberg finished 25th. Ryan Cochran-Seigle did not finish.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
1. Marco Schwarz (AUT): 2:36.92
2. Victor Muffat-Jeandet (FRA): +0.42
3. Alexis Pinturault (FRA): +1.12
4. Maura Caviezel (SUI): +1.23
5. Romed Baumann (AUT): +1.56
6. Pavel Trikhichev (RUS): +1.83
7. Kjetil Jansrud (NOR): +1.87
8. Riccardo Tonetti (ITA): +1.96
9. Vincent Kriechmayr (AUT): +2.31
10. Christof Innerhofer (ITA): +2.39
For complete FIS results, click here.