France’s Alexis Pinturault won the final giant slalom race of the season, taking the win by 0.44 seconds over World Cup newbie, Marco Odermatt, who skied onto the podium for the second time in his career in second.
Odermatt’s finish over Slovenia’s Zan Kranjec, who finished 1.03 seconds back from Pinturault in third, gave the Frenchman just enough room to hang on to the third-place finish in the giant slalom standings.
Marcel Hirscher had already clinched the giant slalom globe for the sixth time in his career prior to the final race in Soldeu. He is trailed by Norwegian Henrik Kristoffersen by 168 points.
On Saturday’s race, the best American finish was an eighth place for Ted Ligety. Tommy Ford finished 17th on race day but ended the season ranked 10th in the overall giant slalom standings.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Alexis Pinturault (FRA): 2:13.06
- Marco Odermatt (SUI): +0.44
- Zan Kranjec (SLO): +1.03
- Manuel Feller (AUT): +1.30
- Mathieu Faivre (FRA): +1.39
- Marcel Hirscher (AUT): +1.74
- Luca De Aliprandini (ITA): +1.97
- Ted Ligety (USA):+2.08
- Victor Muffat-Jeandet (FRA): +2.09
- Loic Meillard (SUI): +2.11
For full FIS results, please click here.