In the night slalom at Flachau, Petra Vlhova won her second World Cup slalom race in a row after securing the victory in Zagreb a little more than a week ago. She was fastest by six-tenths after the first run and was able to hang onto a narrow margin of just .10 seconds of runner-up Anna Swenn Larsson.
American Mikaela Shiffrin was second place, 0.60 seconds out, after the first run, and slipped back to third by the end of the night. In her second run, Shiffrin was actually able to make up time, finishing 0.43 seconds back of the leader, Vlhova, but it was only enough to land her in third place.
Stay tuned for complete story.
- Petra Vlhova (SVK): 1:53.65
- Anna Swenn Larsson (SWE): +0.10
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): +0.43
- Wendy Holdener (SUI): +0.50
- Katharina Liensberger (AUT): +0.80
- Katharina Truppe (AUT): +1.61
- Nina Haver-Loeseth (NOR): +2.24
- Chiara Mair (AUT): +2.48
- Michelle Gisin (SUI):+2.60
- Laurence St. Germain (CAN): +2.82
For full race results, click here.