Gear Guide: POC Super Skull Spin
A competitive edge from the cutting edge. The Super Skull SPIN is a super lightweight helmet designed specifically for elite-level racers, meeting the demands and rigors of those at the cutting edge of their sport. The next stage in the evolution of the Skull, POC’s classic race helmet, the Super Skull SPIN delivers protection for those who demand nothing but the safest, lightest protection. From the very beginning, the Skull family has been about one thing above all else: supporting the fastest, safest way down on a race run. Certified for race use by the FIS, the Super Skull SPIN provides performance protection at a weight previously unimaginable thanks to a carbon fiber shell.
To deliver on our safety mission, and developed using feedback from our pro-team athletes and medical experts, POC helmets are all developed with our whole helmet concept at the center of our design process; using optimized materials throughout the helmet, such as the multi-impact VPD System layer which is included in the front deflector panel and at the rear to deflect energy from gates or low-impact falls, further enhancing the ability of the helmet to protect during higher-speed crashes. Integrated in the helmet is POC’s patent pending silicone pad technology system, SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside) which uses innovative materials and design to complement POCs whole helmet approach to deliver superior levels of comfort, fit and performance.
- Super lightweight carbon shell
- Multi-impact EPP liner
- Includes POC’s patent pending silicone pad technology system, SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside)
- Integrated VPD System front and rear layer for enhanced protection against repeated impacts
- Ear chambers designed to minimize interference with balance and hearing
- Fixed goggle clip
- Compatible with POC’s break-away chin guard for slalom (sold separately)
- FIS RH 2013 certified
- Available in one color scheme only
- CERTIFICATION FIS RH 2013; CE EN 1077 CLASS A; ASTM F2040
- WEIGHT 590 G