Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation – Mogul Program Director
The Mogul Program Director leads SVSEF’s mogul program, working to support and develop student- athletes interested in competitive mogul skiing. In addition to providing coaching and leadership on snow, the Mogul Program Director, along with the Athletic Director, oversees staff, helps manage the program budget and works alongside the administrative office in support of the business operation with regards to the entire mogul program. The Mogul Program Director will also assist and support recruitment for the Sun Valley Ski Academy – a residency based affiliate program with the Community School. This is a full-time, salary, exempt position, reporting to the Athletic Director.
Provide leadership and direction for student-athletes and coaches:
- Maintain and grow the mogul program under the guiding principles of SVSEF’s mission, vision, philosophy and core values
- Oversee athlete management and periodization planning
- Work with student-athletes to develop a lifelong appreciation and love for the sport of mogul skiing
while helping them to grow and develop as skiers and individuals
- Work with the Athletic Director, managing and overseeing the development of coaching staff,
including professional certification
- Assist athletes and families in navigating the athletic process in concert with academics and life after
- Coordinate competition schedules, including managing logistics and communicating with athletes,
staff and parents
- Manage program budget, travel arrangements and athlete billing in support of the administrative
- Coordinate and collaborate with Sun Valley Resort in support of training and competition venue
- Manage communication with athletes and parents, and provide weekly and monthly material for
social media and internal SVSEF communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in mogul competition as a competitor, coach, administrator, or official
- Hold and maintain a USSA Level 300 Certification or equivalent
- Proven ability to lead and to strategically build and maintain a sport program
- Leadership, management and administrative skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
If interested in this position, please send résumé, letter of interest, and contact information for three references to SVSEF Athletic Director Phil McNichol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendation will be required only after preliminary screening. No phone calls please. We prefer electronic attachments rather than paper. An onsite interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires.
SVSEF is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any employee or applicant in any manner prohibited by law.