GMVS seeking Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Green Mountain Valley School (Waitsfield, VT) is seeking a vibrant and creative Marketing and Communications Coordinator to oversee the design and execution of communications, media, and publication collateral for GMVS. Strong candidates will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, a detail-oriented creative eye, enthusiasm for the GMVS experience and the ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Advancement and Head of School to develop and execute annual marketing and campaign plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support of and promotion of the school.
- Provide editorial direction, coordinate design and production, and distribute GMVS marketing, communications, publications and event materials including event announcements, invitations, programs, signage, and solicitation materials in both print and electronic formats.
- Coordinate media interest in GMVS and assure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Work with Director of Advancement, Head of School, staff, volunteers and outside agencies to develop and maintain a strategic marketing and communications perspective, based on marketplace and constituent needs.
- Recommend short- and long-term marketing and communications goals, plans and budgets to the Advancement Team.
- Maintain and update the website with organizational activities, campaign and special event announcements, program information, photos, news articles, newsletters, and press releases.
- Coordinate and manage an integrated online presence on social media platforms.
- Oversee the writing and design of our biweekly Notes from Campus, our Annual Magazine, our fall advancement publication, as well as any timely and relevant press releases.
- Maintain the school’s photo gallery and oversee the Photo of the Week contest.
- Assure articulation of GMVS’s desired image and position to all constituencies.
- Submit regular reports on marketing, communications and development activities and progress.
- Propose new ideas to improve marketing and communication efforts.
- Participate in special projects and events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Head of School and the Advancement Team.
For questions or to submit a resume, please contact Director of Advancement, Tyra MacGuffie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.